Posted in events
on September 12, 2015 6:53 pm EDT
LIGHTFAIR International 2016 Call for Speakers: Global Invitation to Experts in Diverse Disciplines
Open now in a global invitation seeking responses from top lighting and design practitioners looking to participate in the world’s largest annual architectural and commercial lighting trade show and conference in San Diego April 24 – 28, 2016.
The highly rated 2015 LIGHTFAIR Conference provided over 11,000 contact hours of education with attendees. For the 2016 LIGHTFAIR Conference, experts are invited to submit proposals that share how elements such as: inspiration, applications research, methodology and technology and tools contribute to the overall integrated design process. Sessions highlight how experienced project contributors collaborate to optimize environments.
LIGHTFAIR International 2016 offers a vibrant atmosphere where experts in diverse disciplines come together to present, discuss, debate, exchange and explore best practices and emerging concepts to enable the creation of socially responsible, effective, pleasing environments. New in the Call for Speakers for 2016:
– Session incorporates a visit to a local lighting installation or significant project.
– Sessions of a similar theme, including the session submission, which may be organized into a 1-day forum during the conference on the topic of transportation, color, controls or health.
Experts from various industries such as lighting, architecture, design, engineering, facility management, government, healthcare, hospitality, alternative energy including solar power, security, transportation and more are encouraged to pursue presentation opportunities at LFI 2016. The LIGHTFAIR 2016 Conference provides knowledge and perspectives on how a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach can improve design outcomes for the betterment of the human experience through four Focus Areas/Tracks:
– Art and nature, along with thought leaders, trailblazers and visionaries dramatically influence creativity. This focus area identifies origins of the lighting profession’s “big ideas.”
• Applications Research
– Scientific analysis and research informs recommended practices. Real-world applications with quantified results inform integrated design. This focus area explores how together these ultimately inform our interaction with the environment.
– Successful tactical implementation can be individually motivated. Alternatively processes using collaborative, interdisciplinary approaches can result in effective project solutions. This focus area will explore diverse methods that can streamline these processes.
• Technology & Tools
– New lighting equipment, software, techniques and metrics are introduced every year. The development of innovative technology provides tools for elevating the lighted environment – enhancing the design and simplifying the execution for an improved user experience.
Courses range in level (all levels, foundational, intermediate and advanced) and length (60-minute sessions, 90-minute seminars, 3-hour workshops, 1-day courses, 2-day courses and – new for 2016 – tours and forum submission options). (visit link
) for additional information about the LIGHTFAIR International 2016 Call for Speakers. Submissions and speaker suggestions will be accepted online only from August 10 – September 14, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
For LIGHTFAIR International 2016, the Pre-Conference program will take place from Sunday, April 24 – Monday, April 25, 2016 and the LFI Trade Show and Conference will run from Tuesday, April 26 – Thursday, April 28, 2016. For more information about LIGHTFAIR International. View LIGHTFAIR website (visit link