Posted in materials
on March 30, 2015 12:38 pm EDT
Crestron Now Shipping Integration-Friendly RL 2 System
Advanced group collaboration and unified communications solution for Microsoft Lync now features DM input, analog microphone inputs, and auto-switching.
Crestron's new RL 2 system is a solution for group communication. Images courtesy of Crestron.
Package 2 is [designed] for small to medium conference rooms....
Crestron of Rockleigh, N.J., reports that its Crestron RL 2 is now more powerful and flexible. Its second generation Microsoft Lync and Skype for Business collaboration system is now available in a new integration-friendly kit. The new package is designed to provide everything a specifier or integrator needs to build a transparent collaboration experience, Crestron reports.New codec
The RL 2 codec boasts a number of exciting new features including a fully integrated DigitalMedia receiver, native Crestron Fusion connectivity for room monitoring, multiple audio input configurations, and versatile mounting options. Crestron RL 2 also comes with Crestron’s award-winning TSW-style touch screen controller. Simply add the optional custom elements required for an application: display, camera, microphone, and speakers. A Crestron enterprise class 3-Series Control System can also be added to open up more possibilities, according to the company.
Crestron RL 2 is reported to be the only Lync group collaboration system that delivers:
The RL 2 system is designed to offer four configuration options.
• A single solution for group collaboration and sharing with Lync meeting participants
• Crestron DigitalMedia input, for integration with Crestron’s full suite of remote video transmitters
• Auto-switching between VGA, HDMI, and DM video sources without a separate video switcher outside of a Lync session
• Analog microphone inputs for ease of custom installation
• The power to control everything in the room from one touch screen, including AV devices, lighting, and shades
• The ability to integrate with Crestron Fusion software, to monitor all connected rooms across the enterprise