Posted in materials
on December 10, 2014 3:32 pm EST
NEC Display Solutions’ Option Tackles Light-Intense Environments
The MultiSync X474HB is a large-screen display designed to deliver in high brightness environments -- with sunlight-proof operation.
Images courtesy of NEC Display Solutions.
The 47-inch specialty LCD display is designed to intelligently adapt to its surroundings, according to NEC Display Solutions, offering a bright, clear image when required, without wasting energy when it's not. Offering a brightness of up to 2,000 cd/m2 -- nearly three times that of most other professional large-screen displays -- the X474HB is easily visible in retail windows or cabinets for outdoor applications.
"NEC's X474HB display is designed to cope with the durability and readability challenges that often arise in sunlit areas."
—Keith Yanke, Senior Director for Large-Screen Displays & Projectors, NEC Display Solutions
"NEC's X474HB display is designed to cope with the durability and readability challenges that often arise in sunlit areas. As such, this display is ideal for any heavy duty digital signage application that requires enhanced visual performance, flexible control and connectivity as well as long operating hours,” says Keith Yanke, senior director for large-screen displays and projectors at NEC Display Solutions. X474HB Benefits Include:
- Optimal visual ergonomics are ensured thanks to a 10-bit color S-IPS panel that allows for deeper blacks and better off-angle viewing.
- Direct LED backlighting and new localized dimming functionality allow for improved contrast ratio and lower power consumption.
- A Quarter-Lambda optical film is integrated to overcome polarization of light emitted by the display. This guarantees full readability in semi-outdoor installations for both landscape and portrait orientations when wearing polarized sunglasses.
- An NFC sensor is incorporated into the chassis that can be addressed via a matching app for Android devices. This helps reduce installation costs because several displays can be easily configured before they are mounted.
- Built-in Open Pluggable Specification (OPS) option slot and expanded connectivity options, such as DisplayPort 1.2, give installers flexibility and reduce overall setup time.
- The combination of intelligent power savings and thermal management features not only reduces energy usage but ensures that the display aligns with NEC's Green Vision for sustainability and is as eco-friendly as possible.
- The X474HB display is available now at an estimated street price of $4,149. The display ships with a three-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.