Posted in materials
on September 8, 2016 2:23 pm EDT
Panelfold’s Moduflex Designed to Make Space More Functional
Strong, universally locking panels serve functional, aesthetic and acoustic needs of church spaces.
Moduflex Series 800 by Panelfold Inc.
Design integrity and the understanding of functional space are hallmarks of Miami's Panelfold Inc. The maker of operable walls calls itself "the first preference of the discriminating designer," and has been in business for more than five decades. Moduflex Series
Its Moduflex operable walls are overhead-supported movable wall panels designed for space maximization and as sight and sound barriers. Its
Moduflex Series 800 features full 4-inch (102mm) thick steel operable walls designed for demanding performance criteria. Durable steel panel faces are welded to 14-guage steel frames in a unibody construction; the 880 Series is acoustically rated to Sound Transmission Class (STC) 55.
The following list provides common features and available operations of Series 800 operable walls.
* Walls available to 60 feet (8535mm) high
* Acoustically rated to Sound Transmission Class (STC) 55.
* Class A flame spread rating
* Standard Sheer Look wrap-around panel edges
* Optional additional protective edge-of-face trim available for spaces where extra edge protection is desired
* Strong, protective, universally interlocking framing astragals on both panel edges of every model made of steel for extra impact strength
* Astragals are self-mating, deep-nesting, labyrinth-style with sound seals spaced far apart for optimum acoustical performance
* Continuous horizontal top and bottom seals
* Quiet, smoooth, aluminum track systems with integral metal soffits
* Solid, sturdy, acoustically tight, adjustable pass doors
* All panels are unitized for torsional rigidity and acoustical tightness
* Electric operation with SafetyFlex safety devices
Panelfold's Sonicwal/88 rigid panel acoustical folding partition in the church setting.
Emily F. Dixon has been named president and CEO of Panelfold, which has manufactured operable walls, accordion partitions, folding doors, and relocatable partitions since 1953. She succeeds her father, Guy E. Dixon III, who passed away on July 29, 2016. Guy had served as president and CEO since 2003 when his late father, Guy E. Dixon II, retired after 50 years of leading the company he founded.
Emily F. Dixon, President & CEO, Panelfold Inc., Miami, FL
“Guy was a central force in building Panelfold into a successful global manufacturer whose innovative products can be found in 55 countries around the world,” says Emily. “He was exceedingly proud to lead one of Florida’s largest manufacturers and of our company’s 63-year history of ownership and management by the same family, now in its third generation.”